Calvary Church welcomes you! We are of multiple generations, cultures, and backgrounds. We are an active parish serving Flemington, Raritan, and Readington Townships, and surrounding towns. We invite you into the faith, worship, and fellowship of Jesus Christ.
- Please welcome Rev. Scott Russell, who is our celebrant this Sunday! Scott is the Episcopal Chaplain at Rutgers University.
- Please join us at coffee hour after both services Sunday for a report on the recent New Jersey Diocesan Convention. Five of our parishioners attended either as delegates or alternates, and they would like to share their experience with everyone at Calvary.
Dress in green and join us for a St. Patrick’s Day Potluck Dinner this Friday, March 17th from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. All are welcome! Please bring a dish to share. Any questions, call Roxanne Zellin
- Our Easter Basket Collection for the Food Pantry begins on March 19th, continuing March 26th & April 2nd. Assembly & delivery will be April 2nd. All are welcome to donate & assemble! Needs are baskets (any kind, gently used are fine), Easter grass, large chocolate bunnies, any individually wrapped candies, any small novelties (stickers, toys, bubbles etc.), & the cellophane bags to wrap up the baskets. Any questions, see Lynn Cote 537-4497.
- This Sunday the Discipleship Classes will meet together as a group in the All Saints Room. The students will be creating decorations to go along with their study of Lent and Holy Week. Next Sunday, 3/19, classes will meet as usual.
- Dress in green and join us for a St. Patrick’s Day Pot Luck Dinner on Friday, March 17th from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. Sign-up in the Parish Hall to let us know what dish you’ll be bringing to share. Chaffing pans for hot items are available in the kitchen.
- ERD Sunday is March 5th: The first Sunday in Lent is designated as "ERD Sunday", a full diocesan event. Episcopal Relief & Development is the compassionate response of the Episcopal Church to human suffering in the US & around the world. It brings together the generosity of Episcopalians & others to the needs of the world. Donations can be made directly on their website www.episcopalrelief.org or a check to Calvary, marked ERD. The Outreach team will decide what is most appropriate at the time i.e.: Gifts for Life, International Relief, US Disaster Relief.
- Did you make your Lenten Intention? Place your Lenten Intention in the purple box in the Church. They will be burned in the Paschal Fire during the Easter Vigil Service. Forms are in the pews. May your Lenten Intention lead you to the joy of the steadfast love of the risen Lord Jesus Christ!
- Saturday, March 18th from 9:30am to noon is the Lenten Kitchen Clean-Up. Come help clean the kitchen with members of Tuesdays at Ten! We get together twice a year to tackle the grime and organize… whether it needs it or not! Come for as long as you can - and then enjoy the sparkling results on Sunday morning. We’ll have cleaning supplies, but if you have any favorites, please bring them.
Our services on Ash Wednesday, March 1st are at 12 Noon and at 7:30pm.
Imposition of Ashes and Holy Eucharist will be at each service.
May you have a holy, reflective Lent.
Mother Ann, Deacon Jack, and Fr. Harry
Dear People of Calvary,
My deep thanks and gratitude to all of you who have shared your spiritual joys and challenges over the years, and have used your support and gifts to further the Good News of Jesus Christ through our ministry together at Calvary.
Thank you also to all of you who have recognized and supported Ruth’s ministry, many times behind the scenes.
I wish you all the best as you seek and act on God’s will for you and your families, Calvary’s mission, and in the community and world beyond. May God bless you all!
With Christ’s love,
- Everyone is welcome to brunch this Sunday, February 26th, after the 9:30am service to celebrate Fr. Harry’s and Ruth’s 19 years of ministry at Calvary!
- The Hunterdon Rotary Soup Cook-Off is being held at Hunterdon Central Regional High School on Monday, February 27th. Admission is $15 ($5 for 5 to 8 year olds and free for those under age 5). Your favorite restaurants will compete for the “Best Soup in Hunterdon County”. Bring a can of food for your local food bank. All proceeds will go to the food banks of Hunterdon County.
- Everyone is welcome to brunch after the 9:30am service on Fr. Harry’s last Sunday, February 26th. Join the celebration of our 19 years of ministry together! Please see the sign-up sheet located on the lectern in the Parish Hall if you would like to bring something. Reminder to all those who are bringing hot dishes - Disposable chafing pans are in the kitchen for you to use to bring in your hot items.
- Everyone is welcome to brunch after the 9:30am service on Fr. Harry’s last Sunday, February 26th. Join the celebration of our 19 years of ministry together! Please see the sign-up sheet located on the lectern in the Parish Hall if you would like to bring something.
- The Youth Group collected $181 for the Souper Bowl of Caring this past Sunday from our Calvary parish. Thank you to all who donated & helped collect after the services. We will use this money towards our Box City donation.