We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
- Please join us this Sunday for Sixth and Final Session of our Parish Forum “Being Christian in the World We’re In” from 9:00 to 10:00am. Please read the linked blog post: "The Church and the Sacraments" and reflect on the questions at the end of the post. At the forum on Sunday we'll discuss the post and our reflections on the questions. Hope to see you there for this fun, new, multi-generational learning experience!
- Seamen’s Church - Christmas at Sea: We are assembling toiletry bags today, October 21st, between the services (and after the 10:00 if needed). Please leave your donation in the Food Pantry Box. Needs are: travel size shampoo & conditioner, body wash & lotion, toothpaste & brushes, razors & shave cream, tissues & especially chapsticks. We are scheduled to visit SCI on Friday, November 9th, to be there at 10:00am. See Lynn Cote for more info.
- Calvary will co-sponsor a "Take Me to Church Walking Tour" in conjunction with the Hunterdon Historical Society on Sunday, October 28th from 1:00-3:30 pm. Church historians will share the rich history of each of the local houses of worship: Calvary Episcopal Church, Flemington United Methodist Church, Flemington American Baptist Church, and Flemington Presbyterian Church. The tour begins at HCHS Doric House, 114 Main Street, Flemington, and the suggested donation is $5.00. Proceeds go to the local food pantry. Please contact Christine Little with any questions or offers to help 908-642-6096 or email@example.com
- Leaves are falling at Calvary! Everyone who can pitch in and help rake, please bring a rake and rake up a pile of leaves when you can. Contact Jeff White for further details and instructions (908-797-7104).
- Service Assistants: The sign-up sheet for October and November is now on the podium in the Parish Hall. Thank you for your service.
- The October 2018 Newsletter is available here
- “Being Christian in the World We’re In” Forum blog: https://calvaryepiscopalchurchflemington.wordpress.com/