We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
- Please join us this Sunday for Session 2 of our Parish Forum “Being Christian in the World We’re In” from 9:00 to 10:00am. Please read the linked blog post: "The origin of our Scriptures in Judaism" and reflect on the questions at the end of the post. At the forum on Sunday we'll discuss the post and our reflections on the questions. Hope to see you there for this fun, new, multi-generational learning experience!
- Service Assistants: The sign-up sheet for September is on the podium in the Parish Hall. We still have several openings for next Sunday. Thank you for your service.
- On Saturday, September 29th at 2:00pm, The Diocese of New Jersey will hold a special service of Evensong at Trinity Cathedral in Trenton, honoring older members who have served their parishes faithfully over the years. Three members of Calvary will be among those honored: Priscilla & Dick Jefferson and Chris Kinnamon. If you will be attending this service, please e-mail Jennifer in the Parish Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can give the planners a general idea of the number. We will carpool from Calvary at 1:00pm.
- The Septemberer 2018 Newsletter is available here
- “Being Christian in the World We’re In” Forum blog: https://calvaryepiscopalchurchflemington.wordpress.com/