The Twenty-Second Sunday after Pentecost
So Jesus called them and said to them, “You know that among the Gentiles those whom they recognize as their rulers lord it over them, and their great ones are tyrants over them. But it is not so among you; but whoever wishes to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you must be slave of all. For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.”
— Mark 10:43-45
- Please join us Sunday for the sixth and final session of our Parish Forum “Being Christian in the World We’re In” from 9:00 to 10:00am.
- Seamen’s Church – Christmas at Sea: We are assembling toiletry bags today, October 21st, between the services (and after the 10:00 if needed). Please leave your donation in the Food Pantry Box. Needs are: travel size shampoo & conditioner, body wash & lotion, toothpaste & brushes, razors & shave cream, tissues & especially chapsticks. We are scheduled to visit SCI on Friday, November 9th, to be there at 10:00am. See Lynn Cote for more info.
- Calvary will co-sponsor a “Take Me to Church Walking Tour” in conjunction with the Hunterdon Historical Society on Sunday, October 28th from 1:00-3:30 pm. Church historians will share the rich history of each of the local houses of worship: Calvary Episcopal Church, Flemington United Methodist Church, Flemington American Baptist Church, and Flemington Presbyterian Church. The tour begins at HCHS Doric House, 114 Main Street, Flemington, and the suggested donation is $5.00. Proceeds go to the local food pantry. Please contact Christine Little with any questions or offers to help 908-642-6096 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leaves are falling at Calvary! Everyone who can pitch in and help rake, please bring a rake and rake up a pile of leaves when you can. Contact Jeff White for further details and instructions (908-797-7104).
- Service Assistants: The sign-up sheet for October and November is now on the podium in the Parish Hall. Thank you for your service.
Join Calvary for worship…
|8:00am||Holy Eucharist (spoken) Fellowship afterwards|
|9:00am||Fellowship, Inter-generational Christian Education Forum, Assemble ditty bags for Seamen’s Church|
|10:00am||Holy Eucahrist and Hymns Fellowship afterwards|