The First Sunday of Advent, Consecration Sunday
Then he told them a parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the
trees; as soon as they sprout leaves you can see for yourselves
and know that summer is already near. So also, when you see
these things taking place, you know that the kingdom of God
is near. Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away
until all things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass
away, but my words will not pass away.
— Luke 21:29-32
- This Sunday is Consecration Sunday. There is one service at 9:00am, followed by a catered brunch.
- The Youth Group’s Annual Cookie Sale will take place next Sunday, December 9th, immediately following both services. Cookies are $8.00 per box, 2 boxes for $15.00, and $7.00 per box for 3 or more. The proceeds from the sale will go towards Youth Group activities and Calvary Church.
- Calvary will once again be participating in the Flemington Holiday Parade down Main Street on Sunday, December 9th. Help is needed with decorating the Parade Truck at 1:30pm in our parking lot. We plan to leave Calvary at 4:00pm to line up for the parade (which begins at 5:00pm). Please see Mirelle to sign up. Let’s make this a fun activity!
- Angel Tree gifts should be brought to the Parish Hall by Sunday, December 9th. Please see insert inside the bulletin for more information.
- Service Assistants: The sign-up sheet for December and the sign-up sheet for Christmas are on the podium in the Parish Hall. Thank you for your service.
- Please submit your names or intentions for Christmas memorials and thanksgivings by Monday, December 17th. Use the special “For Christmas Celebration and Altar Flowers” envelope in your packet. Green forms are also available in the pews and on the Welcome Table.
- “Being Christian in the World We’re In” Forum blog: https://calvaryepiscopalchurchflemington.wordpress.com/
Join Calvary for worship…
|9:00am||Holy Eucahrist and Hymns|