We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
This Week at Calvary
- Thursday 7pm Maundy Thursday followed by the Watch
- Friday 7pm Good Friday: The Passion according to John
- Saturday 7pm The Great Vigil of Easter
- Sunday Easter Sunday
- 8am said HE,
- 10am sung HE, NO Adult Forum this week
- 11am Easter Egg hunt
- A Very Big Thank You to all who helped with the Annual Spring Cleanup yesterday and also with the making of the palm crosses.
- Shop Rite Gift Cards are available for purchase between the services. Please see Dan or Denise Holzli or call us 908-782-1304 to place an order or for details. Shop Rite donates 5% of each gift card to Calvary.
- Easter Flower Remembrance Offering forms are available at the ends of the pews. Please make check out to “Calvary Episcopal Church” and mark it “Easter Decorations” and place in the offering plate.
- Easter Egg Hunt after 10am service on Easter Sunday
- Copies of past sermons are also available on the large table in the parish hall.