We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
- The Thanksgiving Food Collection for The Food Pantry begins Sunday. We are collecting “sides” – needs are stuffing, gravy, any vegetables, white potatoes, yams, pie crust mix, pumpkin pie filling, biscuit mix, and cranberry sauce. Collection continues November 4th, with delivery November 11th.
- There is a sign-up sheet on the podium for next Sunday’s brunch contributions. Please take a chaffing tray for hot items. Thank you.
- Service Assistants: The sign-up sheet for November is on the podium in the Parish Hall. Thank you for your service.
- Leaves are falling at Calvary! Everyone who can pitch in and help rake, please bring a rake and rake up a pile of leaves when you can. Contact Jeff White for further details and instructions (908-797-7104).
- The October 2018 Newsletter is available here
- “Being Christian in the World We’re In” Forum blog: https://calvaryepiscopalchurchflemington.wordpress.com/