We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
This Week at Calvary
- Summer hours are here: one service held at 9:00am
- Today we are seeking help to clean-up the Parish Hall and Annex at 10:30am
- We are training for new acolytes – see Father Nathan if you are interested.
- We need volunteers to help with lawn maintenance and general upkeep of the Church grounds this summer. Please see Jeff White if you are able to help.
- The Flemington Food Pantry needs donations. We have a donation box in the Parish Hall near the stairs.
- Shop Rite Gift Cards are available for purchase between the services. Please see Dan or Denise Holzli or call us 908-782-1304 to place an order or for details. Shop Rite donates 5% of each gift card to Calvary.
- Copies of past sermons are also available on the large table in the parish hall.
- June 30 1pm to 4pm Interfaith Picnic at Deer Path Park
- July 14 Hot Dog Sunday
- July 15 6:30pm Vestry Meeting
- July 21 10:30am Confirmation Class
- August 24 4:00pm Calvary Road Rally