We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
This Week at Calvary
Annual Youth Group Cookie Sale (December 8th): A sign-up sheet will be in the parish hall for anyone who would like to bake for this popular Advent event. For details, please speak to Mirelle White firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas Remembrance Flowers We are going to begin collecting names for our Christmas remembrance flowers. Please have all names into the Parish Office by December 15th.
- We are now holding Morning Prayer in the Church at 10am Mondays through Friday. Tuesday’s Morning Prayer will take place in the All Saints room
- The Flemington Food Pantry needs donations. We have a donation box in the Parish Hall near the stairs.
- Shop Rite Gift Cards are available for purchase between the services. Please see Dan or Denise Holzli or call us 908-782-1304 to place an order or for details. Shop Rite donates 5% of each gift card to Calvary.
- Copies of past sermons are also available on the large table in the parish hall.
- December 1 Special Collection for Christmas Celebration and Altar Flowers
- December 8 Annual Cookie Sale and Flemington Holiday Parade
- December 8 Angel tree gifts are due
- December 15 Christmas remembrance flowers due