We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
This Week at Calvary
Annual Flemington Holiday Parade (December 8th at 5pm): The Flemington Holiday Parade is Sunday. Calvary will be setting up the float beginning at 2:30pm on Sunday in the church parking lot. If you would like to be on the float there is plenty of room. Join us for this fun event! The parade starts at 5pm on Main Street but the floats are to be lined up by about 4pm. We will be leaving the parking lot by 3:45pm
Annual Youth Group Cookie Sale (December 8th): Calvary's Youth Group Cookie Sale is Sunday from 9am until 11:30am. As in years past, the price per box is $8. If there are other bakers in the congregation who would like to provide their cookies, please have the cookies (4 dozen) at the church on Saturday at 6PM for the cookie sale set up. If you need another time to drop off the cookies, please send a message to Mirelle White email@example.com mand Adrienne Hahn firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate the cookie drop off.
Christmas Remembrance Flowers We are going to begin collecting names for our Christmas remembrance flowers. Please have all names into the Parish Office by December 15th.
- We are now holding Morning Prayer in the Church at 10am Mondays through Friday. Tuesday’s Morning Prayer will take place in the All Saints room
- The Flemington Food Pantry needs donations. We have a donation box in the Parish Hall near the stairs.
- Shop Rite Gift Cards are available for purchase between the services. Please see Dan or Denise Holzli or call us 908-782-1304 to place an order or for details. Shop Rite donates 5% of each gift card to Calvary.
- Copies of past sermons are also available on the large table in the parish hall.
December 7- Advent Day of Reflection: Make Friends with the Angels at Trinity Church in Solebury, PA. The carpool will leave from Calvary at 8:15am. Please confirm with Mother Ann if you are going.
December 8 Annual Cookie Sale and Flemington Holiday Parade
- December 8 Angel tree gifts are due
- December 15 Christmas remembrance flowers due
- December 29 One service at 10am