We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
- Angel Tree gifts are due this Sunday. Please contact Denise Holzli (908-782-1304) with any questions.
- The Youth Group’s Annual Cookie Sale will take place immediately following both services. Cookies are $8.00 per box, 2 boxes for $15.00, and $7.00 per box for 3 or more. The proceeds from the sale will go towards Youth Group activities and Calvary Church.
- Calvary will once again be participating in the Flemington Holiday Parade down Main Street this Sunday. Help is needed with decorating the Parade Truck at 1:30pm in our parking lot. We plan to leave Calvary at 4:00pm to line up for the parade (which begins at 5:00pm). Please see Mirelle to sign up. Let’s make this a fun activity!
- Service Assistants: The sign-up sheet for December and the sign-up sheet for Christmas are on the podium in the Parish Hall. Thank you for your service.
- Please submit your names or intentions for Christmas memorials and thanksgivings by Monday, December 17th. Use the special “For Christmas Celebration and Altar Flowers” envelope in your packet. Green forms are also available in the pews and on the Welcome Table.
- December Newsletter
- “Being Christian in the World We’re In” blog posts