We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
This Week at Calvary
- We are now holding Morning Prayer in the Church at 10am Mondays through Thursdays. Tuesday’s Morning Prayer will take place in the All Saints room
- There will be Calvary t-shirts available for purchase this Sunday for $12. A table will be set up in the Parish Hall after each service.
- CROP Hunger Walk is also taking place on the 13th of October. Join Team Calvary at CropHungerWalk.org
- The Flemington Food Pantry needs donations. We have a donation box in the Parish Hall near the stairs.
- Shop Rite Gift Cards are available for purchase between the services. Please see Dan or Denise Holzli or call us 908-782-1304 to place an order or for details. Shop Rite donates 5% of each gift card to Calvary.
- Copies of past sermons are also available on the large table in the parish hall.
- October 13 CROP Hunger Walk - Join or Donate to Team Calvary at CropHungerWalk.org
- October 26 9-3 Vestry Retreat
- October 27 9am Assemble toiletry bags for SCI 9am Confirmation Class
- November 3 Potluck Lunch and Annex Cleanup
- November 8 10:30am Christmas at Sea packing event. 11am The Empty Bowl, St. Magdalen’s
- November 10 Pulpit Swap with The Rev. Susanna Cates No Adult Forum
- November 17 Consecration Sunday- one service at 9:30am
- November 23 10am Confirmation at Trinity Cathedral