We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
- The August Road Rally takes place on Saturday, August 25th at 4:00pm from Calvary Church. Participants will solve a series of puzzles and clues as they drive through northern Hunterdon County, answering a list of questions such as "Where might marsupials exercise?" or "How much does a Hawaii-Five-0 cost?" before reaching the endpoint. The celebration Potluck Dinner and announcing of winners will take place at the Church at 6:00pm. The suggested entry fee donation is $10/participant. There is a sign-up sheet in the Parish Hall for donations for the meal – take a foil pan to bring your contribution. Any questions, please see Roxanne Zellin.
- If you know of someone in need of financial or social services, they should be referred to Hunterdon Helpline at (908) 782-4357 or http://www.helplinehc.org/
- Summer Schedules
- Continuing through Labor Day, there will be one service of the Holy Eucharist on Sundays at 9:00am.
- The Parish Office is operating on a summer schedule and is open on Mondays and Thursdays (please call 782-7227 for hours and/or to make an appointment).
- Service Assistants: The sign-up sheet for August is on the podium in the Parish Hall. Thank you for your service.
- The Summer 2018 Newsletter is available here