We are a welcoming community of faith and invite you to worship with us during our regularly scheduled services. All baptized Christians are welcome to participate in the Eucharist or request a blessing.
Calvary is a cross-section of the community, a mix of young and old, singles and families. We embody a diversity of interests, activities, and seek fellowship and growth within an Episcopalian environment. We embrace both Catholic and Protestant expressions of faith. We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Bishop Michael Curry's Sermon
Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Espicopal Church gave a well received sermon at the Royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Time magazine says
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry may have been the stars of the royal wedding, but Bishop Michael Curry of Chicago was definitely a strong runner-up.
Here is the full sermon...
This Week at Calvary
- This Sunday the 15th is Rally Sunday. We return to a two service schedule: 8:00 and 10:00am. This will also be our first Sunday with our new Music Director, Mr. Stephen Koshgarian.
- CROP Hunger Walk is also taking place on the 13th of October. Join Team Calvary at CropHungerWalk.org
- The Flemington Food Pantry needs donations. We have a donation box in the Parish Hall near the stairs.
- Shop Rite Gift Cards are available for purchase between the services. Please see Dan or Denise Holzli or call us 908-782-1304 to place an order or for details. Shop Rite donates 5% of each gift card to Calvary.
- Copies of past sermons are also available on the large table in the parish hall.
- September 15 Rally Sunday, return to 8:00 and 10:00am services
- September 16 6:30pm Vestry Meeting
- September 17 10am Tuesdays at Ten resumes
- September 18 7pm Prayer Class
- September 21 11am Memorial for Glynn Gillette
- September 28 12p-5p Raritan Community Day, Lenape Park
- October 6 11:30am Blessing of the Animals
- October 13 CROP Hunger Walk
- October 26 9-3 Vestry Retreat